Assigning CME credits
- Learner participants shall be awarded 1 CME credit for 60 minutes of physician participation. This will include the actual lecture or presentation and the question and answer period.
- Faculty or teaching staff shall be awarded 2 CME credits for 60 minutes of live presentation at a live activity designated for such credits. This will include the actual lecture or presentation and the question and answer period.
- Credits can only be claimed once. Repeat performances by faculty or learner participants shall be credited again.
- 0,5 or 0,25 credits shall not be issued or accepted by the Guyana Medical Council for CME credits.
- Two activities/lectures however that qualify in the content as a CME activity and together make up the 60 minutes shall be treated as a single CME credit.
- The Guyana Medical Council shall not accept Journal-based CME activities as valid for CME credit. The review of manuscripts and Internet point of care learning activities shall also not be considered for CME credits by the Guyana Medical Council.