Application for CME credits
The provider shall first ensure that the activity meets all of the criteria outlined in the designation of CME credits .
An application for CME credits shall be sent to the Guyana Medical Council CME subcommittee at least 2 weeks in advance of the scheduled activity.
The application shall include the following
- Name of the provider.
- Name, qualification and curriculum vitae of the presenter(s).
- Address of the intended activity.
- The date of the intended activity.
- An outline of the learning objectives and purpose of the activity.
- Scientific data where necessary to support the claims of the activity.
- The number of credits requested.
- Method of recording participating physicians.
It is important to note that the list of persons attending should be submitted to the secretary of the Guyana Medical Council at least 14 days after the activity.
Where the decision of the Guyana Medical Council CME subcommittee is deemed unacceptable to a provider, an appeal can be made to the Guyana Medical Council through the Chairman.
The decision of the council shall be considered final in all appeals.