Designating CME credits
Activities that are designated to as acceptable for CME credits by the Guyana Medical Council will meet the following criteria:-
- Confirm to the definition of a CME activity.
- Present content appropriate in depth and scope for a physician audience.
- Should not be promotional in nature and not provide financial gain for the presenter (s).
- Address demonstrated educational needs.
- Communicate a clearly identified educational purpose and/or objective.
- Use learning methodologies and format(s) appropriate to the activity’s educational purpose and/or objective.
- Use evaluation mechanisms to assess an activity’s quality and relevance to its purpose and/or objectives.
- Include a means of the provider to record the actual credits claimed by each physician participant.
- Activities shall not be retroactively designated for CME credits.